Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Recipes I'm Loving This Week

Bloggers, readers, friends -- happy Tuesday! Today is my day off, which has been absolutely wonderful so far, and I thought I'd share some recipes I've been using lately, so here goes!



ONE // Penne with Tomatoes, Eggplant, and Mozzarella

Confession: I'd never had eggplant before I made this dish, so I was super skeptical. Maybe you're in the same boat as I was, and you're thinking, ew, eggplant, that weird purple thing? Yes. It's not as weird as it sounds, I promise -- in fact, it almost tastes like zucchini. Definitely recommend this, it's good stuff. Just a tip: the recipe doesn't say anything about actually peeling the eggplant before slicing it, but you need to do that. (Oops.)



TWO // Garlic Mushroom Quinoa

I made this recipe last week, and I have to say, it is 100% just as tasty as it is gorgeous! I'm a quinoa convert (pronounced KEEN-WAH... it took me forever to learn that) as of last summer, and I love that it's so adaptable to just about any kind of dinner! Salads, chicken, even as a pudding... you name it, quinoa can probably be cooked with it. YUM. 



THREE // Moistest Chocolate Mug Cake

If the word moist sketches you out as much as it does me, I'm sorry, but this recipe is so good that I had to post it, even with the uncomfortable keyword. It's SUPER easy (as mug cakes should be) and tastes absolutely wonderful. It honestly tastes just like a real cake, and isn't as calorie-heavy either (hello, guilt-free sugar rush). I used PB&Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams PB instead of Nutella... I was in heaven. I might have to make this again, talking about it so much is making me crave it. One thing about the recipe, though: I had to leave mine in the microwave a little bit longer than the recipe suggested. Probably 90-100 seconds total, so not too bad. Try. This. Now. 


Do you guys have any recipes you're addicted to? Any thoughts about the ones I've posted? Let me know in the comments!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...